For Immediate Release, August 31, 2017
Contact: Joe Cook, 706-409-0128, email@example.com
Georgia Water Coalition to Release 2017 Clean 13 Report
When: Wednesday, Sept. 6, at 10 a.m.
Where: By tele-press conference. Please RSVP
Dial-In Instructions: 912-226-4313, NO PIN needed
Web Presentation: A slide deck to accompany the call is available at: https://www.gawater.org/clean-13
What: On Wednesday, Sept. 6 at 10:00 am EST, the Georgia Water Coalition will host a tele-press conference for the release of our inaugural Clean 13 Report. This report highlights the extraordinary work accomplished by individuals, businesses, industries, non-profit organizations and state and local governments to protect Georgia’s water.
Entities recognized in the Clean 13 Report include:
- City of Atlanta—Stormwater management ordinance eliminates pollution.
- Cox Enterprises—Conservation-minded company recycles water to protect Chattahoochee.
- Solar Crowdsource—Decatur company brings solar to small businesses and homeowners to protect multiple Georgia rivers.
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources—State agency restores and protects Paulding County’s Raccoon Creek.
- Georgia Institute of Technology—Green infrastructure projects transform campus into model for water efficiency, relieve pollution of Tanyard Creek.
- Ladybug Farms—Rabun County organic farm extols the virtues of rainwater harvesting.
- Macon Water Authority—Innovative pipe restoration protects Ocmulgee River.
- Mark Masters—Water Planning and Policy Center Director provides facts to steer Georgia water policy.
- Chairman John Meadows—Powerful state legislator takes the lead on bills protecting drinking water.
- Scott Bridge Company—Bridge builder uses design and construction to protect endangered fish and mussels.
- South Fork Conservancy—Citizens organize $4.5 million restoration and trail project on Peachtree Creek and its forks.
- Storm Water Systems—Company’s trash traps remove litter from streams, keep it out of oceans.
- United Parcel Service—Package delivery giant eliminates carbon emissions and stormwater pollution in Columbus and other locations across state.
Please RSVP Here: https://goo.gl/forms/8VQF8iXv6lh6V5Wr2