Biennial Report Revisions 9-11am
Annual Membership Meeting 1 – 4: 15 pm
Join water advocates from around the state on November 19th for our annual fall Georgia Water Coalition membership meeting. Sorry, there will be no oyster roast and fellowship out at the Pavilion at the Alcovy Conservation Center this year. We will miss being together in person but will make the most of these uncertain times by continuing to gather VIRTUALLY to listen, learn, exchange information, and advocate together for clean plentiful water in Georgia.
Morning Session 9am – 11am
Our day will start off at 9am with a special session to discuss recommendations for the revision of our Biennial Report. We last gathered and updated the report in July 2018.
GWC members sent in their recommended additions online over the summer. We created an online survey for members to vote on these changes. Voting will close this Friday, October 30th.
Afternoon Session 1pm – 4:15pm
- 2021 Legislative Priorities – next steps with Coal Ash and dedicated Trust Funds
- 2020 Dirty Dozen
- Dr. Yolanda Whyte will be speaking with us about environmental contaminants and public health
- 2020 Clean 13 Water Heroes
- Plastic Pollution – how do we begin to address this problem in Georgia?
- How to participate more fully in the Georgia Water Coalition
- And more……